Please post comments - it cheers us up no end when we are stuck in a swamp surrounded by crocs!
To Post - Go to bottom of blog and click on "comments" - Enter your comment - Click "Select Profile" - From drop down menu select "Name/URL" - Enter your name in Name box - Put nothing in URL box - Select "Continue" - Select "Publish"





Tuesday 4 February 2014

Blog readers, new and old, will probably have picked up by now that Sandra and I were stalked by the rain gods on our previous trip to Australia. You may even remember the totally true story of people writing to the National Press - The Sydney Morning Herald - asking for us to go home so that there could be some respite from the rain. To be on the safe side, this time I have packed TWO waterproofs just in case.

Before I left Glasgow it was bucketing rain. Sandra has checked the weather forecast for Sydney and the fine weather is about to break - and rain is expected just after I arrive.

As I type this I am aboard a Boeing 777 making its descent into Dubai. As most people probably know Dubai is one of the driest places on earth where rain is as rare as a female Pope. However the captain of the plane has just made an announcement - it's chucking it down in Dubai!!

I do not believe it - I knew I should have packed wellies and an umbrella.

Will try to get this posted when we splash down in Dubai - if I can get Internet access.

PS Just had another announcement from the captain - the weather is so bad there will be a delay getting landed - we are having to circle around - presumably to use up fuel to minimise fire if we crash. Shouldn't be a problem, the rain will douse the flames. Hope the delay doesn't mean I miss my connecting flight to Sydney.

Never a dull moment!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment