Please post comments - it cheers us up no end when we are stuck in a swamp surrounded by crocs!
To Post - Go to bottom of blog and click on "comments" - Enter your comment - Click "Select Profile" - From drop down menu select "Name/URL" - Enter your name in Name box - Put nothing in URL box - Select "Continue" - Select "Publish"





Tuesday 2 February 2010

Welcome to Australia

The natives have been very welcoming. I have 33 mosquito bites! James has less but he did not indulge as much in the balmy evening last night. It is warm outside at 10pm! It is warm at midnight! In fact it is warm throughout the night. Johann has no air con so fans are on in the bedroom until James gets irritated with the noise and switches them off. He then starts snoring so I get up and switch them back on. The pattern repeats itself all night until the garbage men come at 5.30am.

The mosquito bites did not all happen outside. One accompanied us in and spent the night feasting on new blood.. The wee b met its demise at about 4am and I washed my blood off the wall this morning. Very good blood it looked too.

Today has been spent on the internet (James) looking at local 4 wheel landcruisers for sale. Tomorrow he goes out with Steven to visit where they are located. I have told him he needs to locate the vehicle and then I will sanction it. My job is to ensure we have the domestic implements to ensure James can cook all the meals enroute and we have a bed to sleep in. Total control without the garage visits.

For Bield followers: Look after my red car if it is still owned by Bield. When I returned it I felt my freedom was going. Still to drive on Aussie roads. Sydney is so big and the inlets of the harbour are so confusing we don't know where we are at any point in time. Steven has given us his sat nav for tomorrow.

Still have my phone. Forgot to take it with me today! Fortunately Lolly my sister's dog knows her way around and led me to her favourite park and home again.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment